Producers: We are having a 24-hour telethon to celebrate our first anniversary as Open Signal and we want you to be a part of it!
The telethon is a fundraiser and a friend raiser for Open Signal. For 24 straight hours between noon on February 24 and noon on February 25, we will broadcast live telethon programming as well as pre-recorded content on our cable channels, online through live-streaming and on our social media networks. On-site events will make this a fun-filled loveathon right here at Open Signal that reflects and celebrates our community.
Help us ensure that Open Signal will be here to support media makers for many decades into the future by becoming a part of our first-ever telethon.
We will select two producers to host 60-minute live shows at peak hours during the telethon. If selected, you will have access to production services staff to assist you and your crew, professional development opportunities, and marketing. You will also have access to three Open Signal media services staff members to assist with set changes, sound, lighting, cameras and general crew tasks.
Whether it's a performance, an interview, something educational, or an entirely new concept—if it represents your connection to community media, we'd love to hear from you! Please send ideas that you feel represent the best of Open Signal and the Portland Community Media family.
By October 30—Use this form to submit a proposal for a live 60-minute show that will broadcast during our telethon.
- All submissions are due October 30. We will announce our selections by December 15.
- We're accepting submissions from certified Open Signal producers only.
- Work will air during the telethon and may be re-run at later dates.
- If you are selected to do a live show, you will be required to attend planning meetings and rehearse the live show in the studio in the month before telethon.
- We may edit the program for time and themes, and we will be running graphics over some or all of the program.
- You will retain copyright for your live on-air work.
- We are also accepting submissions for pre-recorded work to air during the telethon. You can submit proposals for either live or pre-recorded work, but not both.
- If your proposal is selected, you will receive two all-access passes to the telethon and all associated events, as well as $110 in class credit for one class.
Need help completing your submission or becoming a certified Open Signal producer?
Come by Open Signal during our normal operating hours (Tuesday-Friday 10am-10pm and Saturdays & Sundays Noon-8pm), and we'll be happy to help you out!
Do you have other questions?
Contact Art Santana, Open Signal’s Operations & Special Projects Manager, at email@example.com.
Open Signal is committed to equity.
Open Signal does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Open Signal is fully wheelchair-accessible. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request.