Producers: We are having a 24-hour telethon to celebrate our first anniversary as Open Signal and we want you to be a part of it!
The telethon is a fundraiser and a friend raiser for Open Signal. For 24 straight hours between noon on February 24 and noon on February 25, we will broadcast live programming as well as pre-recorded content on our cable channels, online through live-streaming and on our social media networks. On-site events will make this a fun-filled loveathon right here at Open Signal that reflects and celebrates our community.
Help us ensure that this organization will be here to support media makers for many decades into the future by becoming a part of our first-ever 24-hour program!
We will select a series of pre-recorded works no longer than 30-minutes in length from Open Signal producers to be broadcast during the telethon.
By October 30—Use this form to submit work for potential broadcast during our telethon. Please send us content that you feel represents the best of Open Signal and the Portland Community Media family.
A few details:
- All submissions are due October 30. We will announce our selections by December 15.
- Submissions must be less than 30 minutes in length. You can upload files directly to us via this form or link to an existing video (on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).
- We're accepting submissions from certified Open Signal producers only.
- We are also accepting submissions for 60-minute live shows for our telethon. You can submit proposals for either live telethon programming or pre-recorded work, but not both.
- Accepted work will air during the telethon and may be re-run at later dates.
- We may edit the program for time, and we will be running graphics over some or all of the program.
- You will retain copyright for your pre-recorded work.
- If your footage is selected to air on the telethon, you will receive two all-access passes to the telethon and all associated events.
Need help submitting your video or becoming a certified Open Signal producer?
Come by Open Signal during our normal operating hours (Tuesday-Friday 10am-10pm and Saturdays & Sundays Noon-8pm), and we'll be happy to help you out!
Do you have other questions?
Contact Art Santana, Open Signal’s Operations & Special Projects Manager, at email@example.com.
Open Signal is committed to equity.
Open Signal does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Open Signal is fully wheelchair-accessible. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request.