Test-Out Certification Request
Test-outs are available for experienced filmmakers to access our free resources without having to complete a certification course.
- $110 - Intro to Video [Field] Production: JVC 600, tripods, beginner mics & flolights
- $75 - iPad Activist Filmmaking Kit: iPad, two lenses, light, two mics
- $60 JVC 850
- $75 - Canon C100
- $110 - Final Cut Pro X: macbooks with editing software and access to on-site editing bays
- $110 - Adobe Premiere: macbooks with editing software and access to on-site editing bays
- $50 - Beginner [Field] Production Gear: tripods, beginner mics & flolights
- $100 - Advanced [Field] Production Gear: beginner mics + flolights, director's montiors, audio recorders, video recorders, c-stands, advanced mics & velvet lights
The Fine Print
- Open Signal is a public access center. Producer content must be submitted to our public access channels on a regular basis in order to checkout gear. Initial round of content must be completed and submitted within 2-months.
- After successful completion of an in-person test-out a community producer orientation must be completed to checkout gear. Orientation sessions are held multiple times a week - talk to front desk for details
- If failure to pass, no refunds will be given. A workshop at full cost must be completed to be certified. It is highly encouraged to take a workshop if you are not experienced in the testing subject.
- Cancellations: All test-outs are scheduled by appointment. Cancellations with a 72 hour notice can rescheduled 1 time at no cost . Cancellations with less than 72 hours notice can be rescheduled 1 time with a $25 rescheduling fee. There will be no refunds & no exceptions fo our cancellation policy.