We are currently accepting submissions of work to feature on our online platform watch.opensignalpdx.org that reflects one of the following genres: 1) Narrative, 2) Social Impact and 3) New Media. If you have a short film, experimental piece, podcast or other originally produced work we’d love to see it!
Narrative = tells a story, fiction and nonfiction are both accepted, this is our most broad genre!
Social Impact = informs the audience of a pressing social or political issue
New Media = experiments with emerging technology such as virtual and augmented reality
All selected media will be featured on the front page of our website and promoted in our newsletter, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Before you submit please read all the text below and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
We prioritize content that:
1) is produced primarily by BIPOC and under-represented media-makers from the Portland Metro Area.
2) reflects the current climate (be it politically, culturally or otherwise).
3) deepens our understanding of place.
4) uplifts and elevates the audience and/or subject.
- We accept up to 3 pieces of content per applicant.
- We request that you share links to work that is already online on public platform such as Vimeo, YouTube, Archive.org, Soundcloud, MixCloud etc.
- All work submitted must be originally produced and cannot contain copyrighted material or commercial content.
- There are no age limitations for submitters. We encourage emerging media makers to submit their work to be featured alongside experienced media makers. If the content is mature we ask that you provide a disclaimer.
There is no deadline to submit! We refresh content on the 1st Tuesday of each month. You will be notified about your submission within 10-business days.
Have work that doesn't fit the current genres or wasn't selected to be featured?
Anyone in the Portland Metro area can air their non-commercial work on our cable channels that are now available online 24 hours a day. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
We are here to help! Contact us at email@example.com if you need assistance with the submission form or have trouble sending your content.