We offer customized workshops for individuals and community groups of all ages and learning abilities, available by appointment. Personalized Trainings can be catered to meet your needs, and can be scheduled on your own time. Most opportunities certify you to check out the corresponding gear from our media equipment library for free upon completion of your training, in order to create your desired projects and submit your content to air on our community cable TV channels. Age restrictions may apply for certain equipment certifications.
Please note that Personalized Trainings are intended for educational purposes, team building for your nonprofit or group and for submitting your completed work to air on public access TV. Use of Open Signal equipment is not intended for freelance or for-profit work.
Prices vary based on training needs and group size. Educational organization and nonprofit discounts are available. To request a quote, please complete this form. To view a detailed list of available trainings, visit our website.
For assistance or more information, contact our media education team at education [at] opensignalpdx.org.
Fees, Rescheduling and Refund Requests
- A non-refundable scheduling fee will be billed upon written acceptance of the cost indicated on the training quote in order to hold the requested training time.
- The full cost of the training will be invoiced and due prior to the start date of the training upon written acceptance of the quote and/or memorandum of understanding.
- An additional $25 re-scheduling fee is required for requests made by individuals or pairs on the start date of the training.
- An additional $50 re-scheduling fee is required for requests made by groups on the start date of the training.
- Full refunds will be offered to requests made 6 or more business days prior to the training start date.
- Refunds are unavailable for requests made on the start date of a training or midway through a multi-session training.
- An 85% refund will be offered to requests made 5 business days prior to the training start date.
- A 70% refund will be offered to requests made 2-4 business days prior to the training start date.
- A 50% refund will be offered to requests made 1 business day prior to the training start date.
- Scheduling fees are non-refundable.