Open Signal is a media arts center in Portland, Oregon. We carry a vision for community-driven media focused on creativity, technology and social change.
We are currently accepting submissions of work to feature on our online platform watch.opensignalpdx.org that reflect the following themes:
- February 2021 - Black Futures Month - Submission Deadline: January 22nd
- March 2021 - Innovation in Accessibility Technology - Submission Deadline: February 19th
Before you submit please read all the text below and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
We prioritize content that:
1) is produced primarily by BIPOC and under-represented media-makers from the Portland Metro Area.
2) reflects the current climate (be it politically, culturally or otherwise).
3) deepens our understanding of place.
4) uplifts and elevates the audience and/or subject.
- We accept up to 3 pieces of content per applicant.
- We request that you share links to work that is already online on one of these public platforms: Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook.
- All work submitted must be originally produced and cannot contain copyrighted material or commercial content.
- There are no age limitations for submitters. We encourage emerging media makers to submit their work to be featured alongside experienced media makers. If the content is mature we ask that you provide a disclaimer.
We refresh content on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
Have work that doesn't fit the current theme or wasn't selected to be featured?
Anyone in the Portland Metro area can air their non-commercial work on our cable channels that are now available online 24 hours a day. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
We are here to help! Contact us at email@example.com if you need assistance with the submission form or have trouble sending your content.