Open Signal is a media arts center in Portland, Oregon. We carry a vision for community-driven media focused on creativity, technology and social change.
Open Signal's online streaming platform is a central hub for Portland to see itself and be seen.
We highlight work from local, independent media makers and community organizations. We believe in creating people-driven alternatives to mass media—and that media should be available anytime, from anywhere.
We are currently accepting submissions of work to host on the local content section of this platform.
- All work must be locally produced in the greater Portland, OR Area.
- We request that you share links to work that is already online on one of these public platforms: Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook.
- All work submitted must be originally produced and cannot contain copyrighted material or commercial content.
- There are no age limitations for submitters. We encourage emerging media makers to submit their work to be featured alongside experienced media makers. If the content is mature we ask that you provide a disclaimer.
- If the content is mature or may elicit a potentially harmful physical and/or emotional response to the viewer we ask that you include a content warning at the start of the video or include a content warning in the description of the video.
- Because we host work that is already on a public platform (YT, FB, Vimeo) views of your videos count towards views on your public platform page.
- We have an established audience, leading to increased views of your content.
- Your work has a chance to be "featured" on the homepage as a part of our rotating monthly curation themes.
- You get to show off the brilliant work Portland has to offer :)
Open Signal is supporting fellow non-profits whose education programs have been affected by COVID-19 by lending out classroom sets of laptops as well as other select pieces of production equipment. If your organization has had to shift in-person programming online but is continuing to work with populations that do not have access to laptops, please submit this form to request laptops for the duration of Open Signal's closure to the public.
In line with Open Signal's mission, priority will be given to programs with a commitment to equity & inclusion initiatives that require equipment for supporting underrepresented communities.
For questions about equipment lending please contact Open Signal's Facilities and Equipment Manager Noah Dorsey by email email@example.com or by phone (971) 322-5546.